Personal Deferment Option
The Personal Deferment Option (PDO) is available to students whose bursar accounts are in good standing. PDO allows current term charges to be paid in multiple installments, depending on when you register for classes. If you are eligible, a Deferment Amount will be indicated on your bill.
To use the PDO:
- Pay the Deferment Amount by the due date.
- This payment indicates you are participating in PDO and want to defer a portion of your balance until the next billing cycle.
- Understand that if you pay an amount other than the Deferment Amount, you are telling us that you have no intention of participating in PDO for that billing cycle.
- In this case, you must pay the Total Due on your bill to keep your bursar account current and prevent a late payment fee.
- PDO is not offered on a past due balance. Any past due charge will be included in the Deferment Amount at 100% - no partial payment is available.
- Late payment fees are not waived and PDO is not reinstated for students who do not pay one of the two stated amounts on their bill.
- PDO will be reinstated for the next term if your bursar account is brought current prior to the first bill of term.
Below is a list of due dates* and approximate deferment percentages by term.
|FALL TERM||SPRING TERM|
|August 10||December 10||defer 75% of current term charges for a $30 deferment fee|
|September 10||January 10||defer 67% of current term charges for a $15 deferment fee|
|October 10||February 10||defer 50% of current term charges for a $15 deferment fee|
|November 10||March 10||balance due in full|
* Please note: all dates are subject to change. Refer to the Due Date noted on each bursar bill for the payment deadline.