Options for paying a bursar bill follow. Questions regarding payment of your bursar account should be directed to the Office of the Bursar
- Online by checking or savings account
- Online by credit/debit card
- By Mail: send your payment by U.S. mail
- By International bank to bank payment
- In person: at the Office of the Bursar
Be sure to leave ample mailing time (7 to 10 days) for your payment to be delivered. Payments are posted on the date of receipt, not the date postmarked.
Please enclose the payment portion of your printable statement with your payment for accurate account identification.
For payments* which require special processing/review, send directly to:
Office of the Bursar
400 East 7th Street
Bloomington, IN 47405-3085
*Examples: 529 Plan payments, scholarship checks from private donors/organizations, single check payment for multiple students, certified and/or overnight shipping, payments with written correspondence included, payments for which a payment document is unavailable.
All other check payments should be directed to the address noted on your bursar e-bill:
I.U. Bloomington Lockbox
Office of the Bursar – Bloomington
Payment Processing Center
PO Box 7237
Indianapolis, IN 46206-7237
International students can pay their bursar balances from home through Western Union’s Bank to Bank transfer. This option allows you to pay in your own currency while providing a simple and secure way to initiate an electronic payment.
Follow the instructions on the Western Union website, link below. (You may need to enable pop-ups on your computer.)
Once you connect to Western Union:
- You will be asked to enter information including your name, ten-digit University ID Number, and IU campus of enrollment and click Next.
- Enter the amount to pay in US dollars and click Continue.
- Select your currency choice from the drop down list and click Continue. (If your local currency is not available, you need to choose another currency on the list or UNITED STATES (USD).)
- Click the checkbox to receive your bank instructions by email. (You will also have an opportunity to print these instructions after your transaction has been completed.)
- Complete the other fields as listed if someone other than the student is making the payment, then click Continue.
- Review Conditions and click the checkbox, then click Submit.
- Print your confirmation page/quote and take it to your local bank.
- Your local bank will then transfer the funds via Western Union to Indiana University.
- Indiana University will post the US dollar equivalent to your bursar account, generally 3 to 5 business days after your local bank initiates a payment.
Note: There are no transaction charges from Western Union or Indiana University, although you may be charged a transaction fee by your bank. The exchange rate is competitive when compared to retail rates and is valid for 72 hours after the transaction is initiated.
To initiate an international bank to bank payment through Western Union, click HERE.
You may place your payment by check in the drop box in the hallway next to the teller window of Poplars Building W101. Make sure your name and bursar account number (university ID number) are on all checks. The Poplars Building is unlocked for drop box use Monday through Friday from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM (EDT).
To make a cash payment, please visit our teller in Poplars Building W101 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.